Finally old enough to drive to high school on your own? Or perhaps, your teen is finally old enough to drive to school without you? Either way, it is a good idea for you or your teen to revisit some back-to-school driving safety tips before the school year begins.
Here is some advice to keep in mind before class starts back up again this year:
- Remind yourself of where the school zones are, and always obey the lower speed limit in school zones.
- Get ready to share the road with buses once again. You should give school buses extra space and always stop when their stop signs go up.
- Keep your eyes peeled for younger kids waiting for the bus, or other children walking to school.
- Though it is much easier said than done, try to get enough sleep before driving to school. Driving while sleepy can be deadly.
- Lastly, even if you are late for class – do not speed on your way to school. You will regret that tardy notice much more if it is accompanied by a totaled car.
For more safety tips or to start the semester behind the wheel of a brand new car, contact us or visit us anytime at Varney Buick GMC.